Subject: Version 1.3 of JWP Released!!
From: [email-masked] (Jim Breen)
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 1995 08:51:53 -0500

Two months ago Version 1.2 of JWP was released, breaking a 26-month
drought during which the many users of Stephen Chung's freeware
Windows Japanese Word Processor soldiered on with V1.1.

Stephen and the testing team continued on, and now V1.3 is hereby 
released. It is available on ftp.cc.monash.edu.au:pub/nihongo, and
as usual it is available as a number of archive files: jwp13*.zip

If you already have V1.2, you need only collect the program and
documentation archives: jwp13prg.zip & jwp13doc.zip.

Users with a 32-bit-capable Windows (shudder) may like to get 
jwp13w32.zip, which has the 32-bit binary.

Users still using V1.1 should get all the jwp13*.zip files.

Here is Stephen's release note for V1.3 (and V1.2):

     New Features of JWP version 1.3
     ===============================
     
     o Uses Jim Breen's KINFO files unchanged                - Since v1.2
     o New Radical Lookup method                             - Since v1.2
     o New Input Line Editor                                 - Since v1.2
     o Drag & Drop support                                   - Since v1.2
     
     o 32-bits version that runs well in Windows 95          - New to v1.3
     o Automatic installation (no more need for MAKEINI.EXE) - New to v1.3
     o New Ctrl+Shift+Alpha hot-keys                         - New to v1.3
     o Shows page breaks on-screen                           - New to v1.3
     o Hard page-break                                       - New to v1.3
     o Automatic repagination                                - New to v1.3
     o Vertical printing                                     - New to v1.3
     o JASCII support                                        - New to v1.3
     o Self-viewing User's Manual (Replica)                  - New to v1.3

         Comments or bug reports to [email-masked]
     
NB: There are still a couple of obscure finicky bugs. A maintenance 
update will be released if they prove too troublesome, and a fix is 
developed.

Jim